The U.S. Overseas Cooperative Development Council (OCDC) is launching a call for nominations for its annual OCDC International Cooperative Champion Award . This award was created to recognize a member or partner that has made outstanding contributions through championing, promoting and advocating for effective, sustainable international cooperative development, particularly in low income and emerging economies. This prestigious annual award can go to an individual or individuals.
Criteria for the International Cooperative Champion Award
Nominees must currently or historically have showcased these characteristics and contributions in an international context:
• Statesmanship: Shows statesmanship, personal commitment, leadership and vision beyond the professional competence and requirements of their position.
• Lasting achievement: Achieves identifiable and lasting changes to improve and promote cooperatives.
• Co-op advancement: Inspires and persuades others to action in advancing the cooperative system.
• Recognition: Recognizes work relating to cooperatives that enables the scaling and cultural adaptation necessary to achieve positive impacts for cooperative members.
• Business practice: Contributes to innovative and financially sustainable cooperative activities that have significantly benefited co-op members.
To nominate a candidate:
Submit a nomination, not to exceed 2 double-spaced pages, that includes:
• Nominee’s contact information.
• Nominee’s brief biography focusing on their cooperative background.
• Why this candidate should receive the OCDC International Cooperative Champion Award (give examples of contributions and characteristics from the list above).
Nominations are due August 15, 2022. Email the nomination by 6 pm EDT to LuAnn Werner at email@example.com. Selections will be made by the OCDC board of directors and management. The award will be presented during the Cooperative IMPACT Conference on October 5-6, 2022. Click here for a PDF version of the Call for Nominations!