The U.S. Overseas Cooperative Development Council (OCDC) is launching a call for nominations for its annual OCDC International Cooperative Innovation Award. There is nothing cookie-cutter about creating a more equitable and sustainable world. It takes new ideas, new strategies, new approaches — and the courage to put them into action. OCDC seeks to identify, recognize, and celebrate those international cooperative development innovators who continue to advance co-ops as a grassroots, sustainable business model for developing economies. OCDC’s International Cooperative Innovation Award was created in 2019. It is a prestigious, annual award focused on individuals of any age or years of experience who are active in the international cooperative development arena. Both current and past contributions will be recognized.
Criteria for the International Cooperative Innovation Award
Candidates’ contributions should focus on:
• Innovation: Promotes and puts into action new ideas for improving the cooperative business model and cooperative development methodology.
• New Practices: Adapts traditional practices used in non-traditional ways to improve performance for members, raise the profile of cooperatives, or champion the most vulnerable.
• Sustainability: Contributes to innovative and financially sustainable cooperative activities that significantly benefit co-op members. Achieves identifiable and lasting changes to improve and promote cooperatives.
• Co-op advancement: Inspires and persuades others to action in advancing the cooperative system.
• Leadership: Shows leadership, personal commitment, and vision for implementing cooperative practices locally, regionally, nationally, or internationally.
To nominate a candidate submit a nomination, not to exceed 2 double-spaced pages, that includes:
Nominee’s brief biography focusing on their cooperative background.
Description of the nominee’s innovative cooperative development
Nominations are due August 15, 2022. Email the nomination by 6pm EDT to LuAnn Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selections will be made by the OCDC board of directors and management. The award will be presented during the Cooperative IMPACT Conference on October 5-6, 2022. Click here for a PDF version of the Call for Nominations!