SOLICITATION TYPE: REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST|SOLICITATION NO.: CRED_26 | DATE OF ISSUANCE: January 15, 2021 | CLOSING DATE: Rolling Acceptance.
TITLE: Editor services for the deliverables produced by the ICRG under the USAID Cooperative Agreement CRED.
TO: Individuals or firms available for an ongoing relationship to operate as an editor for academic research reports on international cooperative development.
The International Cooperative Research Group (ICRG) of OCDC is requesting expressions of interest from individual consultants and firms (hereinafter “consultants”) to provide editor services for the reports and products produced by the ICRG. The relationship map evolve into an on-going relationship in addition to “on call” periodic assignments.
The US Overseas Development Council (OCDC) is a member association of cooperative development organizations (CDOs) working internationally, principally on the Cooperative Development Program (CDP) in USAID-assisted countries. The International Cooperative Research Group (ICRG) is a division of OCDC and serves as a learning center for the CDOs and an innovative research institution. The ICRG performs research, education, and dissemination activities to strengthen their programming and international cooperative development globally.
The ICRG carries out original, solution-oriented research and supports the members of the OCDC through designing and executing on cooperative development programming that strengthens governance, leadership, gender empowerment, youth engagement, financial management, market performance, and advocacy. We are seeking to engage with an editor who will be available as needed to proofread report drafts and other products (for example, training tools or manuals).
II. Request for Expression of Interest
This request is intended to:
• Obtain details concerning the interest and qualifications of consultants in the anticipated requirements described herein;
• Obtain information on the level of capacity of potential contractors relative to the tasks and objectives described herein;
• Result in a contractual agreement between the ICRG and a consultant(s) that may allow for ongoing or periodic editing services as needed.
III. Description of anticipated Tasks and Objectives – Technical Overview
Period of Performance: January 2021 to January 2022. The scope of work is the following:
• Review and rewrite text to make it easier for readers to understand while keeping messaging consistent across ICRG reports
• Verify facts cited in material for publication
• Work with report writers to help bring their primary findings and messages to the fore of the writing
• Develop framing and content ideas according to the ICRG’s style and mission
• Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story or content
• As-needed availability to respond to editor requests
IV. General Instructions:
All responses to this RFI must be submitted by the due date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Editor EOI – FIRST NAME, LAST NAME.
In order to be considered, interested Individuals/NGOs should submit their Expression of Interest and any relevant information relative to the illustrative tasks outlined above. Expressions of interest should be no more than 2 pages in length. Please note that responses received without the information below will not be considered. Responses must be organized in the following format:
1. Contact information (full name and address of the individual/NGO, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, contact person and website, if any);
2. Legal Status (individual, NGO);
3. Brief presentation of capacity including relevant experience and year(s) in business;
4. A brief narrative explaining what makes you/your organization qualified for this action.
5. Desired rates for compensation of work
This call for Expression of Interest does not constitute a solicitation. ICRG does not require full proposals at this stage; ICRG seeks your expression of interest in participating in any future acquisition of the described type of services.
Due to the anticipated high volume of communications in response to this request for Expression of Interest (EOI), ICRG will not issue confirmation as to receipt of EOIs.
A response to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure that you or your organization will be selected to participate in future procurement actions.
V. Evaluation and Selection Process
1. Offer Verification
ICRG may contact offeror to confirm contact person, address information, and to confirm that the offer was submitted in response to this request for EOI.
CVs and other submission materials will be reviewed and evaluated by a review committee.
The ICRG reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during this Request for EOI and/or future solicitation process, if any.
3. Accuracy of information
Offerors must provide full, accurate and complete information as required by this request for expression of interest. If at any time ICRG determines that an offeror has provided false statements in the response, the ICRG may reject the response without further consideration.
ICRG reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final solicitation documents if an offeror is pre-selected.
VI. Disclaimer and protection clauses
• This REI is not mandated to result in the direct issuance of a contract
• ICRG may cancel this request for expression of interest
• ICRG may reject any or all responses
• ICRG reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on the offerors failure to follow REI instructions
• ICRG will not compensate offerors for response to this REI
• ICRG may choose to award only part of the activities in the REI, or issue multiple awards based on this REI activities
• ICRG may request from short-listed offerors a second or third round of either oral presentation or written response to a more specific and detailed statement of work