Co-Operative Governance: this comprehensive publication includes several articles covering a variety of topics pertaining to the unique ability for cooperatives to build stronger resilience in the face of complex challenges and obstacles – in particular because of their governance structures.
The Table of Contents are as follows: Statement on the Cooperative Identity
Foreword by Pauline Green, President of the International Cooperative Alliance
1. Introduction: Co-operative Governance Fit to Build Resilience in the Face of Complexity
2. The design of effective democratic governance structures for large co-operatives
3. Governing Resilient Co-operatives: Agricultural Co-operatives in Scotland
4. Creating Competitive Advantage in Agricultural Co-operatives through Improving Governance Systems and Enhancing Member and Community Engagement
5. Worker Co-operatives in Focus a. Governance in Mondragon b. Co-operation as Conversation: Suma Wholefoods UK c. Union Cab of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
6. Governance of European Co-operative Banks: Overview, Issues, and Recommendations
7. The eternal triangle: the crucial role of the Chair and Chief Executive in empowering the board
8. Governing Resilient Co-operatives: A competence based model
9. Finding the Balance: Staying Focused on the Local Member
10. Governance in Solidarity
11. Co-operative Governance and the Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade
To read the complete article, click here.
Author/Publication Info: International Cooperative Alliance